Knowing how to Deal with a Smelly Washer is a Way to Preserve Your Washing Machine
A smelly washer will be very irritating. High-quality detergent and perfumed fresher to make clothes become more comfortable to wear will be useless with smelly washers. Just know the causes.
The causes of a washing machine to get smelly
Knowing the causes of smelly odor to your washing machine and doing something right about the causes are the ways to preserve your washing machine. There are many causes of the smelly washing machine. It is usually the mildew, slime, soap scum, and bacteria, which are accumulated inside the machine, that create the unpleasant odor. Dirty water can be the cause as well.
What we can do to get rid of the unpleasant odor in our washing machine
Take half a bag of soda crystal and put it in the drawer for detergent. After that run a hot wash cycle for an empty drum. After that, you do it once again but you should use one cup of vinegar to alternate the soda crystal to put in the drawer of detergent. If you do it regularly, your washing machine will be free from the bad odor making your clothes to also get smelly.
More about the ways to get rid of a smelly odor from your washing machine
· If you have a front loading washing machine, its detergent drawer is removable. This will make you easy to pop out the drawer. After that, you brush it with a toothbrush and mild soap. Rinse the drawer with cold clean water and let it dry.
· Make it regular to do a service in an official service center recommended by the washing machine factory. Regular service is great to prolong the life of the washing machine.
· The round thing on the washing machine loads or the fold must be the cause to give the smelly odor to your washing machine. Just clean them thoroughly with a clean soft napkin, soap, and water.
Another thing we need to pay attention to when it comes to preserving our washing machine is the choice of cycles. Most of us don’t realize how important it is to choose the best cycle for certain clothes. Here they are.
Different cycle for different fabric
· Heavy cycle: this is for us to clean heavy bedding, comforters, rugs, blankets, sturdy fabrics, and heavy soiled-garments
· Gentle cycle: this is for us to clean underwear, lingerie, sheer fabric like pantyhose, stockings, and curtains, gym clothing, clothes with lace and sequins, baby blanket, anything made from silk, viscose, and rayon.
· Color cycle: if you have colored clothes and you don’t want them to fade or bleed, choose the color cycle. The suitable clothes for this cycle are bright-color-garments and dark-color garments.
· Fast cycle: if you have clothes with no stains you can choose this cycle.
· Regular cycle: this cycle is to wash almost all clothes made from linens, cotton, and normal soiled-garments. Jeans, towels, white clothes, and sheets are to wash with the regular cycle as well.
If we don’t pay attention to cycles, it is possible for washing machines to have broken materials inside causing the washing machine to be out of order. So, what do you think? The article sharing the causes of smelly washer hopefully can make you more knowledgeable.