Cleaning Washing Machine with Vinegar: Tips and Tricks
Cleaning the washing machine was not as difficult as one might imagine. We can use cooking ingredients in the kitchen to clean your washing machine. The intended ingredient is vinegar. Cleaning washing machine with vinegar, sounds amazing, right? Vinegar that is usually used is white vinegar. White vinegar, or distilled or spirit vinegar, has long been known to have many functions. In addition to cooking, white vinegar can indeed be used for cleaning, gardening and even applied in the medical world.
Cleaning washing machine with vinegar is very possible and indeed proved effective. This is caused by white vinegar having antimicrobial and disinfection functions. The affordable price of white vinegar will not burden your wallet. In the cleaning process, washing machines with top-load and front-load models can use this method. Here are the steps to clean the washing machine with vinegar.
Cleaning washing machine with vinegar: top-load model
- Set the washing machine to release water with the highest temperature, the highest volume capacity of water, and the longest time of washing. If your washing machine does not support the water temperature setting, you can make your hot water and then pour it into the washing machine.
- Pour white vinegar into it. You can pour white vinegar for about 4 cups or about 950 ml.
- Close your washing machine lid and let it work. In this process, the white vinegar will mix with water in the washer to clean all the parts in your washer. Remember to set in the longest time of washing.
- After 5 minutes of spinning, open the washer lid and leave it for one hour. It serves to help pull away leftover grime and dirt from within the machine.
- After one hour, you can close the lid of the washer again, and let the machine work, spending the rest of the washing time that has been set.
- Drain the washing results until they are empty. After that, you can clean the remaining water with a clean cloth. Or, you can repeat the process if you feel your washing machine is very dirty and still smells.
- For those of you who have a sensorless washing machine on the lid washer, you can set it manually. Set your washing machine to spin for 5 minutes for the first time. After completion, leave it for one hour. After that, you can set your washer to work again with the longest time of washing.
Cleaning washing machine with vinegar: front-load model
A front-load washing machine is a new type of washing machine and is increasingly popular because of its efficiency, more complete features, and better cleaning ability. But this does not make this type of washing machine free of bacteria or fungi. Here are the steps to clean it:
- Set your washing machine to release hot water. If your washing machine doesn’t have this setting, you can make your hot water, or use the “white” or “stain” setting for the washing machine spin.
- Select the extra rinse option if your washing machine has this function. If not, it can be skipped.
- Add white vinegar to the bleach dispenser. You can fill it to the fullest.
- Let the machine work until it’s finished.
- Then rinse the results of the process until nothing is left.
Cleaning washing machine with vinegar is no longer a strange thing now. It’s easy, right?