How to Properly Clean A Washing Machine with Vinegar
How to clean washer with vinegar? If you are getting bothered with a bad smell or dirty washing machine, it is a sign for you to clean the electronic device. Bad odors are one of the problems that will appear if you do not regularly clean your washing machine. Routinely cleaning the washing machine is also maintenance to prevent damages, anyway. So, follow these steps to clean a washing machine with vinegar based on the device types.
Cleaning Front Load Washing Machines
- Empty the washing machine and fill with hot water. Then, run the machine with a normal cycle. It is purposed to clean the residue in the tube.
- Throw the water away and fill it again with hot water. Add 2 cups of white vinegar to remove bad odors in the washing machine. Then, run it normal again.
- When the washing cycle is complete, throw the water away from the washing machine.
- Take a cloth and wet it with warm water. Use the cloth to clean the door of the washing machine from the inside and outside. Make sure you clean the seal rubber too.
- The last step on how to clean washer with vinegar is filling the washing machine with cold water to rinse out the tube and hose. After that, dry the tube with a towel.
Cleaning Top Load Washing Machines
- Just like a front load washing machine, empty the machine and fill it with hot water. And run the normal washing cycle.
- Once you have thrown away the water, fill the machine again with hot water. Add 3.5 cups of white vinegar and a half cup of baking soda.
- Run the washing cycle again for 30 seconds and leave the water inside the washing machine for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Next, run the washing cycle again in order to remove dirt and residue of detergent in the washing machine’s tube.
- Turn the washing machine off and throw the water away. Take a cloth and dip it into a mixture of hot water and vinegar. Use the cloth to clean the inner parts of the washing machine. Then, dry it with a towel.
It is recommended to clean your washing machine at least once a month to avoid damages and bad odors. Also, make sure you properly use the washing machine. Those are the steps of how to clean washer with vinegar.